Oral Surgery Patient Instructions Nampa
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery. Smoking before or after surgery can cause complications and impede the healing process. Chewing tobacco is even worse.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Please limit the amount of family members or friends that accompany you to the office. They can rest assure that their loved ones will be well taken care of.
- It is best to leave small children at home. We love kids but they are often a distraction from the attention you need the day of your surgery. Please make arrangements.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia failure to adhere to this could result in injury or death.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled comfortable shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery. All oral and nasal piercings must be removed prior to IV anesthesia.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, fever, cough, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, or just getting a cold sore/fever blister please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Ballenger prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Questions? Call ☎ Nampa Office Phone Number 208-467-1227 to speak with a staff member.